CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mostly

I am hungry
For laughter
The lightness of bearing
Induced not by the comic
But the incredulous.

I need a transplant
A swap
Of that which
Weighs upon me
For that which transcends.

I want to float along the ceiling
Drift with clouds
And clap with the lifting seas.

I have to turn from the tragic
Toward hope
That lilts, sighs and laughs
Like distant pipes
Across green hills.

I want to breech my spirit
With whales, along the California coast
Loop like a bi-plane
Slide into home plate
Spike the ball in the end zone
I want to kiss the homecoming queen
Breathe deeply the rain-washed air
Be the Grand Master of the 4th of July parade
Take a bow at Radio City Music Hall
Feel the awe of the colors of Monet
But mostly….

Mostly, I want to laugh.

0 comments: