CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sunken Galleons




Sunken Galleons 

The sea and moon
Wrestle
Like midnight lovers
Tangled
In filigree foam
Like tangled sheets
Enfolding
Glistening bodies.

On my back
Eyes star-ward
I listen
To the passion
Rolling
In the great ebony deep.

Later I dream.

The voice of the sea
Murmurs wantonly
Begging
Promising
Becoming her voice
Words half-said
Sentences ill-formed
Knowing I understand
Even before her thoughts
Her desires
Fully express.

I match the tossing
Of the surf
Alone in my bed.

She was here.
Her scent lingers
In the brine of day.
But the dream
Dissolves
The way tides
Dissolve
Into vague memory
Returning again
When the lunar pull
Insistently draws.

In morning’s pale shine
The moon is a pastel orb
Blushing
Two hands above
The horizon.
It seems to evade the sun
In its flirtatious dance...

But the sea and moon
Will embrace again
In the roiling spray.

And I will reach
Into the night
Sorrowing.

She is forever lost
The way
Sunken galleons
Whose uncharted treasures
Are lost
In the dark
Salty deep.



0 comments: