CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Before I Forget

Sorry it’s been so long
Since I’ve been down to see you
But time has a way
Of robbing me of what I mean to do.

You gotta know, though
You’re always on my mind
Even when I’m busy
And can’t seem to find the time.

There’s nothing new to tell you.
Life is just the same ‘ol thing.
It’s always an old tired story
And a song I forget how to sing.

I guess I’m doing okay.
Nothing too good or too bad.
But I guess that’s better than most
So I try not to be very sad.

I haven’t forgot
All you taught me
About how to be a good man
And being all you meant me to be.

I brought you these pretty roses
To decorate your grave.
I guess I best be going
Before I forget how to be brave.

1 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Sweet. Simple. Sad. Sounds like a good country song. I've been working on the lyrics you sent me. I've got a little tune worked out. It sounds a little familiar on my part. You should email me your address.

Tim