CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 9, 2015

Garage Sale

Gonna have myself
A garage sale, girl.
Got plenty
To put out on the lawn.
Maybe sell my memories
Of all those nights
Holding on
From dusk to dawn.

A garage sale’s
A great idea, girl
‘Cuz I’ve got
Memories to lose.
But it’s hard to know
What to toss.
Don’t quite know
How to choose.

I could toss out
That first kiss we shared
In the cab
Of my ol’ Ford.
I remember
How my head swam
How my heart spun
How I thanked the Lord.

I'll sell the memory
Of your arms around me
Your face buried
In my chest.
That should go
For a buck or two
But that's just
An off-hand guess.

I'll discount the memory
Of the day we spent
In the woods
Loving down by the lake.
That was a sweet time
But, I’ve carried that memory
Way too long.
It’s far too painful to take.

Girl, I can’t say
Just what I’ll sell.
There’s too much
Cluttering up my heart.
You'll probably have
Your own garage sale
And have the same trouble
Knowing where to start.

I guess I’ll just sell
The whole damn lot.
Reckon it all
Needs to go.
It’s just too hard
To sort these memories out.
What happened to us
I guess I’ll never know.

0 comments: