CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 12, 2016

Pegasus


A three-quarter moon
Dominated last night’s sky.

The atmosphere
Unusually clean
Provided clear visitation.
Every crater
Each lava pool
Was brilliant and clear.

Below the lunar orb
Pegasus soared
Wings spread in might
Full of power and wisdom.

Pegasus
Is the consort
Of poets.

I lifted my pen
Crusted with
Shallow verse
And appealed for
Rhyme
Meter and measure
For the blessing of words
To flow like rivers
Of ink on 
Lunar-bright paper.

Were I to truly trust
In the power of myth
I would have run to compose
To see what gift may come.

But I tuck it all away
Yearning for the birth
Of words
Like the colts of Pegasus
Rising upon wobbly legs
Taking uncertain steps.

And I would await the day
He might clear the fence
With titanic wings
And trot the stars
The way poets
Trot the alphabet
To birth words
As foals of horses
With wings of stars.

0 comments: