CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spin Cycle

It’s easy to fall in love
In this little piano bar
Her smoky voice worrying over
Till There Was You
Nursing a gin and tonic
Long, black tresses swept to one side
Like a tent flap
Open to her secret places.

Harder to find love
At the All-Nite Laundromat
Drums spinning
Soap and bleach stinging the moist air
Coat hangers tangled
Rattling in wire carts
Florescent lights pushing back the night. 

At the piano bar
I’d freshen her drink
Put on a crooked smile
Like a rumpled shirt.
Look at those long legs
Stretching like divided highways
Into the dark tunnel of that red skirt.
I’d ask her name
And she’d say
Call me what you want to, baby.

Her name’s Roxy
Her drink’s just fine
And those long legs have walked on
Better men than me.

But there’s no room for piano bars
At the All-Nite Laundromat
Where I have a date
With two weeks of laundry
And both my shirts and heart
Are on spin cycle.


0 comments: