CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Certainty of Touch

Could we have touched
You and I?
Your fingers, perhaps
Twisting a knob mine had turned
A moment before?

An arch, under which you passed
And I followed
A heartbeat later?

Might our shadows have mingled
Upon a snowy bank
Or across an urban plaza?

Could I have over-flown your emerald quilt?
Or, like Jupiter’s moons
Or a wisp of gossamer cloud
Have we been forever distant?

No…
No.

We have touched
You and I.

Our paths are marked
And we navigate
Every footfall certain.

And I will not content myself
Until we touch again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! James I felt this very way about my husband during the 10 years we were apart. (long story) It is strange to see somone else express these feelings. we all are not far from each other, on the same line just at diffrent times.

Wonzey