CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Waiting Outside

One day they shall lay me
In a cherry wood box
Dressed in tie and tweed coat
Glasses over my unseeing eyes.

A small parade of mourners
Will pretend sorrow
Passing by
“My, He looks so natural.
Didn’t they do a good job?”

Does all of life lead to this?
The appraisal of
Funereal arts
Well-placed lighting
And rosy makeup?

But, what about….?
It will not matter.
Nobody remembers
Achievements and accolades
And those who do, won’t care.

Please, close the lid slowly.
Let darkness come
As lover to my flesh.
She has been in long pursuit
This inky mistress.

Soon, you will slowly walk
To your car
Keys dangling from fingers.

I will wait for you
On the lawn
Hands in pockets
Amazed at how natural you appear.

0 comments: