CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Marvelous

You were a dancer.
Graceful
Marvelous
And classic.

Swan Lake
Giselle
Petrushka
Your repertoire.

My eyes never saw your craft
Though I felt it in you.

When one is gifted
It is as obvious in the body
As it would be in the performance.

I knew it in you
Never having received it
From you.

A face might contain
Lines made from a thousand smiles
Though the smile not be for me.

You were a dancer.
I knew it when first I saw you.
Your grace and charm
The fluid way you walked
The way you carried yourself
Your deportment with the universe
All communicated
Dance.

It was as obvious
As is
The frailty of a butterfly
Or the tensile strength
Of silk.

In imagination I see you.
And you are marvelous.

0 comments: