CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Single-Space

I’m a single-space
Kinda guy.

I want you
Right up next to me
Close and intimate
Tied together
Like space between the lines
Of this stanza.

Not over there
Or there
Or anywhere else.

Right here.

When I’m in bed
It’s your heat I need.
You warm me.
It’s your scent
I desire
Your taste
I crave.

I want your name
On my tongue
Your body
Beneath my fingertips.

I want your hair
Splayed across my pillow.

I want to hear you
Hum in the dark
And sing in the shower.
I’ll soap your back
Wash your hair
Then towel you dry.

I’m a single-space
Kinda guy.

Double-space people
Annoy me.
The kind that
Are self-contained
Who want a lover
On their terms
When they’re ready
When it’s convenient
To them
When their desire is triggered.

Sweetheart
I’m a single-space
Kinda guy.

I want you near
When the time’s not right
When things
Turn inside-out
And everything’s coming apart
When I feel terrible
Or you feel rotten
When the kids are puking
When the bank’s busted
And the socks need sorting
When the sky’s falling
On Chicken Little’s head
And Humpty Dumpty’s
Shattered on the ground.

I want you
When the time’s not right
Just as much
As when it is.
I’ll pitch in
Work hard
To make it right again.

Am I being clear, dear?

I’m a single-space
Kinda guy.

0 comments: