CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mama!*

Mama made me eat liver
And mama made me eat fish
And mama made me eat green beans
And eat everything on my dish.

Mama made me take baths
And mama made me clean my room.
Mama made me make my bed
And do my floor with a broom.

Mama made me say my prayers
Mama made me cut the grass
And mama made me wash my ears
Or mama would spank my…bottom.

Mama told me about bad girls
Mama said I should not kiss ‘em
And mama told me to stay away
But I just wouldn’t listen.

So here I sit still eatin’ liver
And here I sit eatin’ fish
And I'm still eatin’ green beans
And all the slop on my dish.

I didn’t do one thing ma told me
And I did everything she said don’t.
Now everything I wanna do I can’t
And things I should do I won’t.

Oh, can’t you come back, sweet mama?
I won’t gripe about liver or fish
And I promise to eat all my green beans
And clean everything on my dish!

I’ll stay away from those bad girls.
They just make a guy shell out and pay
Then when they get their claws in you
They’ll make you wish you’d run away.

I’ve been a very bad boy, ma
And I don’t know what to do.
But if’n you’ll help me sweet mama
I’ll do all you say to.

I’ll give up runnin’ and chasin’
Kissin’ bad girls, and such.
On the other hand, sweet mama...
I guess it ain’t cost me that much!

(* Sometimes poetry is just for fun. Lighten up!)