CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ink Stain

Rubbing only smears it.
Dabbing is ineffective.
The more I try to eradicate it
The more obvious it becomes.

There is no soap so powerful
No bleach
No combination of chemicals
Effective in restoration
And I now sorrow
At the damage done.

It has bled into the fabric
And I fear my garment
Is ruined.

How could I have been so
Careless?
So without caution?

If only I could have a
“Do Over”
The way we did
When we were children.
Then I would take more care
Not have behaved so
Recklessly.

But now I must wear this badge
Of rash action.

Had I not let you
Touch me
I would be better
In appearance.

But I let you in
You marred me
Stained me
And I must evermore
Show evidence
Of a blemished heart

Your ink stain.

0 comments: