CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pointless

You are in all I write...
Poems of love and passion
Bleeding poems
Poems with meter and rhyme
Lightening poems
Sparking and slashing rumbling skies
Poems that weep like a widow
Draping a stone cross
Poems that grin
With the aroma of morning dew
Poems of satisfied desire
Twisted in crumpled sheets.

You are in all I do...
Breathless August nights
Checks on a calendar
Making tomorrows yesterdays
Easy afternoons
Sweat on my skin like rivets on a hull
Legs pumping
Muscles straining
Heart hammering
Pain surging
Bursting in my chest like rockets
Flaring like napalm on bamboo.

You are in me...
Fastened to my spirit
Inextricably joined
At that magic moment
Where night meets morning
Birds sing
Earth warms its path around the sun
And the universe hums
In sounds unutterable
Beyond melodies.
That is where you are.

It is pointless to ask
Why you've gone.
You are where angels wing
Holding wide the door
Where the light in your eyes
Humbles the stars.

0 comments: