CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 5, 2016

One Mississippi*


Decisions need made
Choices that forge a path
Into a future I may now only imagine.
Tomorrow waits with expectation
Over what I determine today.


One Mississippi.


Forgiveness needs to be extended.
Those who hurt me in the past
Remain with me
Until I fully forgive them.
I understand this is fundamental
To my happiness.


Two Mississippi.


Focus must be maintained
That I not allow my mind
And my total concentration
To drift to pursuits
Unworthy and unnecessary.


Three Mississippi.


My heart must be open
To surprise
And the serendipitous
To the amazing delight
Dancing in the light.


Four Mississippi.


Protection of my mind
Body and soul
Is imperative
In order to assure the integrity
Of all I do and am.


Five Mississippi.


Time is the currency of the
Machine of life
And it ticks and tocks
It sifts the sands
In the hourglass
And I cannot know how much
Remains.
All I know is what has been expended
And it frightens me
Because I know that all I want
And yearn for
Is in question
Because
Time
Is
Passing.


Six Mississippi.


* For my readers unfamiliar with American culture, "One Mississippi," etc., is a way to count the passing of seconds. It takes one second to say each "Mississippi." Hundreds of readers that frequent this site are from Western and Eastern Europe. Many others come from various parts of Asia. I am thrilled and honored that you frequent my work!

0 comments: