CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Stranger

I am a stranger in your land
A wide-eyed pilgrim
On soil not my own
And possessed of a dream
Beyond the machinery
Of manufacture
Attainable only
By providence.

My footprints are lost
In the foam of silvery tides
Hidden among forest floors
And stone canyons

I am brother to the wolf
Known to elk and otter
I am kin to laughter and music
Friend to morning stars
And the sweat of the tiller’s brow.

I am a child of the dew
Son of virgin forests
The progeny of rivers
And a creature of storms
Flashing lightening
Resonate thunder.

I ask only the right
To stand among you
To breathe the air
Drink the water
And leave you better
Than I found you.

I own little
And want nothing.
I am a stranger here
Passing quickly
Leaving no trail
Taking nothing
But the knowledge
That I was among you
A simple man.
A stranger.

0 comments: