CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Space Between the Words

We talked life’s problems
And matters of the heart
And we talked about everything
In between.

We talked about places
We’ve each been
And the beauty of the world.

But it isn’t conversation I remember.
I recall our silence best.

In the space between the words
I saw your pupils widen.
Your eyes were orbs of black
With hazel spheres.

I saw the tip of your tongue
Slipping between your strawberry lips
Like a hummingbird
Sipping nectar.

I watched your cheeks blush
Like the first glow of dawn
On a placid lake.

I watched your brow soothe
The way a cool breeze gentles fevered temples.

The warm air stirred your soft hair
The way it moves across fields of wheat.

Then we talked again.

But it is the silence I remember.


0 comments: