CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Wounds

Wounds


Not all wounds are bloody.
Not every wound is seen.
There are those less obvious.
Some wounds may seem clean.

Every wound has shrapnel.
Some are deeply slashed and broken.
Some wounds are gory.
Some wear them as a token.

I've seen wounds in others
and I've found a few in me.
I don't want to look too closely. 
I don't really want to see.

Some hide their wounds expertly
so others will never know.
But eventually they'll succumb
to the poison's fatal flow.

Some treat their wounds with great care
being careful to ease their pain.
But some, like others will perish
like late winter's snow pelted by rain.

We are all a wounded people.
If you could look out from my eyes
you would see a ghastly vision.
You see, everybody dies.


0 comments: