CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12......Just Thinking.......

It's Dec. 12, 2012. Or 12/12/12. Everybody knows that, and writers with far more ability than I will comment on this today, so I won't try to get all poetic. Instead, I'll be mathmatical.

The next time the year spins around to be this orderly, and in sequence, it will be January 1, 2101....or 1/1/1. That's 91 years away, or 1,092 months, or 56,784 weeks, or 397,488 days, or 9,539,712 hours, give or take. My calculator started overheating when it tried to calculate the number of seconds. What, you may ask, does all this mean? Great question! The answer...not a dang thing. Nada. Zip. No meaning whatsoever. It has about as much meaning as the odometer on my truck rolling over to a quarter of a million miles (I told ya I love old trucks). It has about as much significance as my age (I'm 59. Get over it). Numbers mean things when they are preceded by a dollar sign ($). I love those kind of numbers, unless they're on a bill.

Numbers are just numbers, folks. We aren't gonna "bite the big one" on 12/21/12. Life will roll on until Gabriel blows his big 'ol horn, and only God knows when that will be. So, let's all let out a collective sigh and get on with our lives.
High 5, ya'll !
James

0 comments: