CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

After Goodbye

I did not touch her
After goodbye.

The door had closed.

No matter my desire
No matter our history
The door had closed
And I walked away.

These years later
I rethink my choice.
Perhaps I should have fought
To hold her
To keep her
But we both walked away.

I wonder
If she wonders.
Does she regret the goodbye?
Does she feel the pain I feel?
Is she as full of conflict as I?

My ears miss her voice.
My lips miss her kiss.
My eyes miss her presence.
My fingers miss her skin.

But I did not touch her
After goodbye.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are your talking about your "Monarch" again? Do you ever feel the need to move on? You seem to be "stuck" in another time and place. I have heard it said that God put our eyes in the front of our head so we would look forward, not back. Do you think that you would live life fuller if you did the same? Your poetry gives the reader a sense of pity for you.