CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reply to Comment on "After Goodbye"

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your comment. You are very insightful. Maybe I can provide a glimpse into the Monarch matter. I have had loves since she left. All love, of any variety (pets, kids and grandkids, etc.) bring a variety of joys and heartbreaks. I don't know why, but when there's a full moon, or a particularly rainy day, my heart looks to its aches before its joys. Most days are laden with all the pleasures of life. But there are those seasons when the heart looks back, and that's when my Monarch flies. I will never get past her, because her memory centers me, mellows me, and causes me to better appreciate the good that remains. A Monarch butterfly flew past the windshield of my truck yesterday, and I nearly missed the light turning green...my mind went to my Monarch. Crazy? Yes. Absolutely. Maybe I'm like the fisherman, who always laments the "one that got away." On the other hand, isn't that one of the virtues of poetry? To give readers a boxcar to hobo on as we look to our past pain? But pity me? Please don't do that. I was given the rarity of her love, even though briefly. I suggest that anyone who was loved like that be envied. At least, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
I sincerely appreciate your comment, and hope you'll keep on reading.
Thanks.....James

0 comments: