CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Kiss

She leaned into me
The idea hers.
Her head held back just enough
To communicate
What she wanted
Eyes half open
Pupils wild and wide
Lips slightly parted.

My senses slowed
Until I felt
I was in
An old black and white
Silent film
The kind that revealed
Its plot and action
One flickering frame at a time.

Her tongue paused
On her lower lip
Like a small cat
On a shelf of shadowed sun.

Contact.

She continued pressing
Into me
Her tongue darting
Past my lips
Exploring
The way an adventurer might
When finding herself
In a welcomed
Yet uncertain environment.

Nevertheless…

Her eyelids fluttered
And closed.
The warmth of her nearness
Was like that rising
From hearth fires.
Her right hand
Cupped the back of my head
Gently pulling me into her
Her tongue exploring my mouth
Inviting mine into hers
As silent welcome.

Our lips softened
Silky
Becoming part of one another
Strange yet familiar.
Time stuttered and stopped
And I realized I was not breathing.

Then it ended
Slowly
So slowly.
She inched away
Eyes probing mine for response.

Words now would seem unholy.

I was
Stunned
Charmed
And it now seemed…

My turn.

0 comments: