CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Affliction

The stars tonight
Are impossibly distant
Like pin pricks of alarm.

Even the moon appears
Bleached and sterile.
The universe is lifeless tonight.

But this is affliction.

Jags of apprehension
Weigh upon me.
Through these lenses
Life is not warm
Attractive and seductive.

I have learned measures
Of survival.
I tuck my head
Not looking to the stars
That on other occasions
Charm me
With kind pleasure.

Tonight I bridle my horizons
And bundle
In the familiar.

I quiet myself
Restrain discourse and company.
I content myself
With rudimentary pleasures.
Tender breath
Delights
On nights of burden.

The stars must keep their counsel
And I will keep mine.

There will be better nights
Once I loose my horizons
To gather the light
I now lock tight.

0 comments: