CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Air Tonight

Tonight the air is fragile
As though I might shatter
All the tiny floating ice crystals
With a whispered word
The fragments falling as shards
At my feet
Small bits of vocabulary.

There is a bright sheen
In the air tonight.
It feels clean and brilliant
Like there were never curses uttered
To soil this atmosphere
And I wonder
Was the air of Eden
This sweet?

Tonight my breath
Joins the exhalation of the earth
And I feel bonded
To that which continues
Extends beyond the moment
Past this beat of my heart.

There is peace in the air tonight
As though every human hope
And expectation
Has already been met
And there is nothing remaining
But joy
Nothing left but hope.

I want to drink this air
As the breath of life
Sip this air
Like the sweetest wine
And let it work its glow in me.

0 comments: