CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Anam Cara*

My love for her is ancient
Anchored in time distant.
Before the face of daughter moon
Blushed with mars across
Her virgin terrain
I loved her.

I recognized her instantly
Upon our introduction.
I have always known her.

I know her the way
Sunlight knows shadow
Rain knows fragrance
And the rainbow knows color
Vibrant and strong.

I love her
Not in the confusion of emotion
But in enduring steel
Forged by time
Creating the machine
Of transformation.

I love her the way
Flesh craves touch
The throat begs voice
Hands need creative labor
And feet require stance.

My love for her
Is deathless
Surviving separation
Spanning sequences time defines.

She is friend of my soul
My Anam Cara
And I will wait for her
At the torn veil of time and place
When we will love evermore
Me and my Anam Cara.

*Ancient Celtic, meaning "Soul Friend"

0 comments: