CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Purchase of Your Smile

Would dinner and a movie
Entertain you?
Make you feel special?

Would a bouquet of roses
Bring you to smile?
Perhaps a new dress?
That would require
Sparkling jewelry
To dangle from
Your ears
To grace your
Delicate throat.

I suspect
A new dress
And bright jewelry
Necessitate a new purse
And shoes.

We now are
Within the four digit price
For that smile I seek.

We must not forget dinner
And a show.

But with that beautiful dress
New necklace
Earrings
Purse and shoes
We cannot dine in a restaurant
Featuring a drive-thru
And plastic straws.
We must find an establishment
Worthy of your finery.

And the show cannot come with
Popcorn!
It must come complete
With a wine and cheese intermission
In an exclusive downtown theater.

The price has
Soared!
All for
The purchase of your smile.

Honey
We have been together a
Long time.

Had I the coin
I would buy you all this
And more.

Perhaps some day
I may buy your grin.
Today I am
A poor man.

I suppose we must make do
With grocery store flowers
Dinner at Fridays
And a flick at the cinema.

But the amazing thing
My darling
My dear
Is that every day
You offer me your smile
For free.

0 comments: