CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dust Devil

Dust Devil

She was a dust devil

Appearing suddenly in 
Blue prairie skies
Unexpected
Turbulent.

She lofted me
Into whirling debris
Into a confusion of danger
Into skies suddenly troubled
Unconcerned with any order
I enjoyed.

She was here
Then suddenly there
Going, then returning
Only to go again.

She spun and darted
Fast, then slow
Climbing, then falling
Kicking up dust
Coupling my calm with her rage.

She was a dust devil
In open prairie
From a distance, amusing
But up close a hazard.

When she finally lost energy
Spinning out into a gust
Both my eyes and heart
Were raw and burned.

It took time to restore order.
I vowed to never again surrender
So willingly
To one so ready
To inject chaos.

That must be why they're called
Devils.

0 comments: