CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Trash Compound


I watched him

Turn the corner
At the edge of the building.

I knew this man.
I’d propped him up before
Removing his sodden boots
And socks
Cleaned his feet
Putting fresh socks on
His peeling feet.

But I wasn’t having this.

Walking into the trash compound
He tugged at his zipper.
Momentarily
A stream of fluid
That I guessed was
Mostly beer
Ran around his feet
Into the parking lot.

Before he could re-zip
I was out the door
Awaiting his emergence
From the trash compound.

Expecting renewed compassion
I disappointed the aging drunk
With scalding retribution
And harsh berating.

He acted more shocked than ashamed.
That fueled my anger
And he walked away
With his shaggy head down.

You can throw up in my arms
But you sure as hell
May not pee in my trash.

0 comments: