CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Summer Storm

Summer Storm

In an early-summer storm

I sat beneath a wide porch roof
Much in need of repair.
Soon, the rains discovered
Their portals
Onto my shoulders
And I shuffled to better advantage.

The incessant downpour
Lulled me
Toward a brighter
Long-ago
Summer day
With bread and drink
In the tall grass
Near the university.

She was again there
Laughing musically
The full light of noon
Dancing from her hair.
She lay before me
More inviting than the food
We’d prepared.

The charm of memory
Soaked my heart
And I absorbed again
Her eyes
Scarlet lips
Her tender form
Sighs
And soft words.

How maddening
That summer storms
May wet the dreamer
But the fury of the heart
Leaves the lover
Awash
In tall grass
Beneath poor slates
In a dreary summer storm.

0 comments: