CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Remember Heaven*


I closed my eyes 
As she sang me a song 
Laying there for the dying. 
It wouldn’t be long.


She was so kind
And the dyin’ so easy
Like standing on a mountain
The air clean and breezy.

Her fingers stroked my hair
And her song touched my soul
Like the smell of rain fills my lungs
Or like slow rivers roll.

She finished her song
In her hushed, gentle way
Then bent to my ear
With one final word: Stay.

But it wasn’t my choice.
Dying wasn’t my will.
Angels took me away
Over a bright, distant hill.

No matter the glory
And no matter the prize
I remember heaven
In her song and her eyes. 

* I've lost three dear friends in the last three weeks. Dying must be on my mind, of late. I'll get past it. But we all walk away bruised. One is hard. Three? Harder.

0 comments: