CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Waiting for Redemption

Waiting for Redemption

I yearn breath.
It's been so long since I have tasted life's nectar!

Soaking air through my skin
Through my fingertips
Even the ends of my hair
I drink oxygen from my strands.

I am thirsty.

Last night I stood
In the vex of Venus
Waiting for redemption
To fall
As rain
To the parched earth
As breath
To those dying to simply breathe.

Tonight, I will again wait
Among the toppled remnants
Of what are tokens
Of yesteryear's megaliths.

I will be in the shadow of years
In the tears of deferred hope
In the crushing of the petals
Wanting but to breathe.

Say it, oh say it!
Say the Word
And I shall be healed!
Will me to breathe again.
Bring your magnificent lips
To my begging ears
And say
'Breathe, my love!
I command breath
Into your parched
Dusty lungs!'

Say the Word
And I shall stand again
Breath will be mine
And I will drink the air
Of the first morning
As wedding wine!

0 comments: