CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 11, 2011

It Doesn’t Matter

Times slows
Seems to stop.
There is no traffic
No chatter from pedestrians.
Even birds hush
As I focus on that which
Fastens my attention.

The cool breeze
Is just enough
To lift your hair
Like ribbons
Golden brown
Waving in the flashing
Afternoon sun.

You’ve turned your head
Toward whatever caught your eye
Then see me
Watching you.

And you smile.

“What?” you ask.
But how can I explain
My thoughts?
Why is it I think better
In verse
Than my tongue can express?
But it doesn’t matter.
You already know.
You read it in my eyes
See it in my face
Feel my heart
Know my mind.

I smile
And you smile back.

“I love you,” I say.
You lay your head on my shoulder.

And the world moves again.

0 comments: