CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On the Leeward Side

I recall how sweetly
You’d tuck your head
Against the hollow of my throat
Push like you wanted inside.
You would retreat into my heart
Lock the door
Against all outside
And there release your pressures.

You’d remain the longest
And return to the world
With reluctance.

My heart is yours still.

I would caress you
Hold you as firmly as
A sailor holds the wheel
Against the surging storm
Your long auburn hair
Spilling over my arms
Like decks awash
In a shimmering crest.

I drank the intoxication
Of your scent
Felt your heartbeat
Against my chest
The thrumming of your engine.

I closed my eyes
And begged God you’d stay.

But you did not.

So I wonder
Who holds you now
Comforts you
Assures you
There will always be a place
A home in the heart
A harbor against the storm.

Storms come.
They blow unexpectedly
And we gallantly battle the inevitable.

But there’s room for you
Protection too
A cove
On the leeward side
Of the storm.

0 comments: