CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Resistance is Key

The dark liquid
Trickles a shallow thread
Down the back of my throat.
I am a man parched
Long without the cool draught
So now welcomed.

I am tempted to gulp the refreshment
In an effort to satisfy my thirst
To quench the need.

But resistance is key.

Better to
Enjoy the burn
Of slow satisfaction.

Were you here
My flesh would cry
For fulfillment.

How I would battle
Not to take you
In one long pull
Absorbing you into my very skin.

I fear I would drink you to the full
And there would be nothing of you
Remaining.

No, darling.
Resistance is key.

Better to sip your nectar
Take your sweetness
Slowly
Like a brook
Not a river
Like a shower
Not a storm.

But that is easy to say
In this drought.

Were you in my arms
I know what I would do.

I would greedily draw your love
Like a man dying
For the want of you.

But you are not here.

I guess
For you, too
Resistance is key.

0 comments: