CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Ghosts

I see your smile
After years
Time times time
Your image
Never fades.
It’s indelible on my memory
Your wispy smile
Knowing gaze seeing into my mind
My thoughts.

I believe in ghosts.

You rattle around
In the attic
Of my heart
All the time.

I hear your footsteps
At the foot of the bed
Catch your form
Your spectral image
At the corner of my eye
Smell the fragrance
Of your perfume.
Even your taste lingers
On my tongue.

I believe in ghosts.

These chains binding me
Were forged
In the hottest furnace
And I will never
Be released.
The links of remembered passion
Carve into the bone
And marrow of my heart.

You will haunt me forever
And I welcome it.

I believe in ghosts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Poet,
In reading your words I have been wondering about these lost loves....sometimes the heart plays tricks on us....so, just thought I might be so bold as to ask this question of your poetry:

These "ghosts".... how many are there? And is there one in particular that rattles the chains more than others?