CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katie*

I remember you
Katie.
You were a beautiful woman
With a fresh
Pink face
Blond hair
And delicate figure.

I’ll never understand why
Our bodies
Declare war on us
And we die.

And you’re not here
To tell me
Katie.

I remember those trips
To your house.
Every time I saw you
There was a little less
To see.

Your long blond hair
Fell out
And you took to wearing
A bright pink scarf.
Even in it you were beautiful.

I remember your soft voice
Telling me
All would be well
You were sure
You said
You had faith
You said.

But you’re gone
Katie
And all that’s left
Those who loved you
Is a warm space
Just your size.

If I could kill
What killed you
Katie
There would be no place
It may hide.

But for all the killer in me
Katie
I can’t bring to justice
What took you.

* a real woman, a real name, and a real death

0 comments: