CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Bargain

Have ye a ship
A boat or bark?
Have ye a compass
And a lantern against the dark?

The water is wide
At the river’s mouth
And the way will be hard
When I turn south.

This is a troubled land
And I’ve fixed on yonder star
To take me over
The moaning bar.

Have ye conveyance
A craft of sturdy frame?
I care not a whit
For its flag or name.

Give me your vessel
And I’ll give you gold coin
But if you refuse
I’ll split you gullet to groin.

I am a hard man
In a land harder yet
And if ye know my name
It’s best ye forget.

Am I altogether clear, sir?
I’ll be taking my leave
And you may take a few gilders
And the dust off my sleeve.

I’ll be having my life back
And the good of my name.
And you’ll be having
Your share of the same.

0 comments: