CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Cowboy's Choice

A saddle ain’t a rocker
And a pony ain’t no truck
A cowboy ain’t nuthin’ fancy
And he never gets no luck.

A lady never loved me
And a girl never held my hand
Love never came near me
And I never bought a ‘lil band.

Whiskey ain’t no soft drink
And jerky ain’t no steak
A cowboy hardly eats well
And never gets no break.

I never seen no city
Bigger than a street or two
And I never got all gussied up
To do what gentlemen do.

I been watchin’ the south end
Of a herd of north bound beef
And I seen a few extry hard days
That brought us boys to grief.

But I seen my share of sunsets
And mornings fresh with dew
I seen a buncha rainbows
A whole lot more’n you.

I seen the swollen rivers
And the eagles circlin’ high
I felt the rain and snow
And know what it means to die.

But all in all, I’ll take it
This cowpoke life I chose
So you can take all your dandies
And jam ‘em up yer nose!

0 comments: