CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Unfamiliar Stars

Morning’s sun rose in the north
Spreading new shadows across my floor.
Amazed, I ran into the yard
Peering over gables
Between spreading maple limbs.

High the bright orb climbed
That blazing sphere
Until, at its zenith
It reversed
Angling toward the delta
Coming to ground
At the foot of farms and factories
Rivers and lakes.

Remarkably, only I observed this peculiar anomaly.
There were no news broadcasts
Commerce continued unimpeded
Wall Street made money
And the government took it.

But I saw the universe
As a spilled purse
Scattered beyond understanding.
It’s been this way
Since you left.

Familiar patterns have changed.
I teeter on a line
Too fine
A path
Too perilous
And navigate by unfamiliar stars.

I must be patient
Hold onto what remains.
Reason will restore
Old markers will renew.

Life will settle
Like dust
Trouble will leave my door
And shadows will again rightly travel my floor.



0 comments: