CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Was the Sex Good?

Was the sex good?
He asked
As casually as though he’d asked
The score of the game.
How was the weather?
Did I enjoy the cigar?

I couldn’t tell him
I cried when I held you.
How could I tell him
We lay together naked
The whole night
Talking and laughing
Talking and crying
Talking and singing old songs?

Was the sex good?

Does the sun blaze in the dark of space?
Do ancient rivers carve rocky bluffs
Into yawning canyons?
Do birds nest and feed their young?
Does the moon irresistibly pull the tides?

Was the sex good?

I can’t
I will not tell him
When we joined as one
I suddenly understood ancient mysteries
And touched
The face of God.

Yes
I said.
Yes.
The sex was good.

He smiled
And poured the coffee.

0 comments: