CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mixed Joy

From behind I held her
Bodies warmly molding
To one another
My face deeply buried
Into her soft auburn hair
My arms falling across her breasts
My hands resting upon her ribs.

She leaned into me
Eyes focused upon a random spot
In the morning sun.

She breathed a small sound
From the depths of her throat
A satisfied sound
A sleepy sound.

Thank you
She said
And I smiled
From behind her left shoulder.

I love you
I said.

She began to gently sway
Humming a song from the 80’s
Playing on the radio.

My arms relaxed
Falling to her hips.

Coffee or shower?
She asked
Pressing her body into mine.

What I wanted was apparent.

I see
She said
Laughing
And we returned
To our bedroom.

The bright morning sun
Lifted higher
As I mixed my joy
With hers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to remember definitive moments in your life down to depth of feelings, words spoken, local......is this all needful in good poetry? Can I, as a novice poet alter these aspects or do I need to stick only with truth remembered? Thank you for your thoughts and instruction on this.