CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2014

A Street Corner Visit

Really
She said
You should come by
Sometime
She said.

You’re always welcome
She said.
We always had a good time
She said
I don’t know why
You’re such a stranger
She said.

I smiled softly
Nodding on the outside
While seeking an exit
On the inside.

I’m right where I was before
She said
I’ve never moved.
I wonder why I haven’t?
No reason really
She said
It’s not like I haven’t
Had the opportunity
She said.

I shrugged.

You’d think by this time
I’d be in a relationship
She said
But then you know I’m a catch
She said laughing
Running her chipped fingernails through
Her stringy blond hair.

I nodded an agreement I did not mean.

Anyways
It’s good to see you again, hun
She said.
Now you come by anytime
She said
I’ll make you glad you did
She said
I always liked you, Davey
She said
Touching my shoulder.

I smiled weakly
Taking my leave
Wondering
Who the hell is Davey?

0 comments: