CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Simple

When I was really thirsty
(And I have been)
It was water I craved.

Not soda.
Not coffee or tea.
Alcohol did not fuel
My passion.

Water.
I wanted water.
Cool
Clear
Clean
Water.

Flowing over my tongue
It splashed my throat
Swirled down my inner pipes
To chill the burn at my core
To satisfy the longing.

I can do without bread
Far longer
Than I can water.

The desert rarely blooms
But when it does
It’s because of rains
Because water
Works wonders
And brings even sands
To flourish.

The camel stores moisture
In its humps
As water
Not as Coke
Or Pepsi.

The Big Gulp is truly great
As two atoms of hydrogen
And one atom of oxygen.

Give me water.
Water.
Give me water
Or I die.

It’s simple.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

0 comments: