CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Hometown

The mountains hide in mist.
Early morning’s hush settles around
As I consider the life I have missed
And the sweetness of this old ground.

It’s been a long time; several years
Since I’ve visited my old home.
I sit quietly, wiping away tears
Thinking of all the places I’ve roamed.

It’s so good to be here again
To drink the water and breathe the clean air.
Whether I ever get back, I can’t say when
But not because I do not care.

My job takes me places
Places that hold little pleasure for me
It’s put me before strange faces
And gave me amazing vistas to see.

But no matter where I may go
There’s no a better place to lay myself down
Than the one place, beyond others I know
I call my native soil, my lovely hometown.

0 comments: