CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

‘Ol Girl

It’s okay ‘ol girl.
Just keep lookin’
At them fluffy clouds
Way high.

Do you see that one over there?
Now, ain’t that a lot like
Those big ‘ol cap rocks
Down Mexico way?
Had us a time out there
Didn’t we ‘ol girl?

‘Member El Paso?
I had me too much
Mescal that night
‘Ol girl!
Hadn't been for you
They'd a kilt me that night
For true
'Ol girl.

Now look at that small
One up there
‘Ol girl.
Looks a bit like
One of them
Big ‘ol cactuses
Out there in the Sonora.
Don’t it ‘ol girl?
Sure do.

Now that real big cloud
Out in the distance
Seems a whole bunch
Like that blacksmith’s anvil
The night you threw a shoe
And I made him get outta bed
And fix you up then and there.
He did it at the encouragement
Of our Hog Leg Walker
Didn’t he
‘Ol girl?

Aw, hell
‘Ol girl
How’m I gonna do
Without you?

Naw, I ain’t cryin’
‘Ol girl.
Never seen me cry, ever.

Now this ain’t gonna hurt
‘Ol girl.
I promise you that.
But I can’t let you just lay out here
With that busted leg.
I love you too much for that
‘Oh girl.
If you were me you’d do it too.

I love you, ‘ol girl.
This won’t hurt you
One little bit.

But it’s gonna kill me
‘Ol girl.

0 comments: