CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflections of an Aging Man*

Oh, to be naive again
To get me back to the garden!
Just to be fresh and free again
Before I needed a pardon.

Oh, to be free again
To be placed in a world without sin!
Just to be free to be me again
Empowered and strong deep within.

Oh, to be happy again
To know where new life may begin!
Just to be wise in the truth again
Knowing the beginning and end.

Oh, to be young again
To be vital and free in my skin!
Just to breathe deeply again
And know life is something to win.


* I am not an old man. But I can see old age from where I now stand! At least, it makes me think, and that provokes a few emotions. There are surely more thoughts than I've included here, but this is a fair beginning.

1 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

I love it, James. I also am not an old man - but I can definitely see it's approach. Trouble is, I still have this younger man's heart and desire to do young guy stuff.

Not to get too autobiographical on you, but today, as I was playing on the playground with my second graders (a fun game, cross between dodgeball and capture the flag... our own invention), I rolled my ankle. I heard/felt a snap and fell to the ground, a tree in the forest. As I write my foot is iced and elevated. Something that a younger me wouldn't have done.

Side note - yes, still the advertising stuff, but your writing is worth the wait.