CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Spot She Put Me In

She turned away
Smiling
Before I could properly
Respond
To what she’d said.

It wasn’t outrageous.
But coming from her
It was unexpected.
Surprising.

I do not like
Not knowing what to say.
But that was precisely
The spot she put me in.

And she knew it.
And she enjoyed it.
And she was savoring the moment.

So, I did what seemed right
At the time.

I said nothing.

She liked that even more.
Looking over her shoulder
She said something about
Cats and tongues.

I stood there
Looking at her.
I had to give her this one.
She deserved it.

Then it dawned on me…
Sometimes the best thing a man
Ought to do
Is exactly nothing.

Because if she was true to her word
I was going to enjoy her little victory.

Very much.

0 comments: