CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 14, 2015

Who You Is

I don’t need me no new hat
And I got some good 'nuff boots.
About them city-fied suits and ties
I don’t give two hoots.

I got me a good saddle
To throw across my trusty pony.
All the stuff they say a cowboy needs
Is mostly pure baloney.

I got me a sweet, red-haired gal
Far down Austin way.
I see her every now and again
And she spends all of my pay.

I keep company with a short-haired mutt.
He ain’t no particular breed.
When I’m out on the trail alone
He’s all the pardner I ever need.

Got me a passable Remington
I keep tucked down in my pants.
Them fancy tied-down holsters
Is mostly storybook romance.

Reckon I'll make a fire tonight
Tether my pony and set up my camp.
My dog and me will sleep together
To ward off the chill and the damp.

Being a real cowboy these days
Is pretty much a quiz.
It ain’t so much about what you do
As it is about who you is!

0 comments: