CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Grandpa’s Christmas Wish*

She always loves
This time of year
With trees and lights
And songs of cheer.
Hot chocolate to sip
And candy canes
Houses softly lit
Behind window panes.
As Christmas carols play
She decorates our tree
As I play with grandkids
Balanced upon my knee.
Christmas Eve night
Presents will all be set
Beneath the tree
And every wish be met.
As for myself
All of my wishes
Is for a honey baked ham
And someone to do dishes!
I know what you’re thinking…
What a silly verse!
But I assure you, Reader
Grandpa could do worse.


*For over 30 years, my custom is to do the Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dishes, including the gooey mess of related pots and pans. I figure that's my contribution to the production. I take no particular pleasure in the chore...that's why it's called "chore." Come on, all you men who read this blog..."man up," put the apron about your manly loins, grab the scrubber, sponge and towel, and get in there, up to your elbows. Still...if somebody else volunteered to tackle the task (they never do), that'd be great!

0 comments: