CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Silence of Snows


The silence of snows
Pile against my door
While, within the panes
Fragrant coffee brews
And I shuffle in socked feet
To find my cup
Perched upon a crowded shelf.

There is nothing awaiting me today
So the snows shall remain trackless
And unmolested.

Today I will feed the fire
Settle into a soiled armchair
And let my soul drift
Along the baseboards.

Today I will lose count
Of my heartbeat
And ignore my pulse.

Today I will silence my phone
And forget to eat.
I will give this day away
And require from it nothing
I have not given to it.

The silence of snows
Will muffle my inhalations
And smother my snores.
The coffee will cool
In the cup
And I will bank the fires
Into ember
And I will curl within the cloud
And gather with the snows
Piling against my door.

0 comments: