CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 1, 2019

Dark Corners


I hooked strong cables
Onto my sorrow
Slowly took up the slack
And gave the task
All the power I had
And maybe a little more.

Stay clear of cables
Under such stress
Lest they snap
And draw their pay
In bits of flesh
And oily red blood.

Any fool can tell you
In mocking laughter
That sorrow cannot be
So simply excised.
The job requires more
Than man has yet contrived.

So I sit on the stump
Of an old sycamore tree
And contemplate
What may move such sorrow
Whether by horsepower
Or blast.

Three little white pills
And one larger blue one
Defers the pain
Long enough
To allow the sun to slip
Below the horizon.

This warfare with sorrow
Can wait one more day
And maybe another.
Night is coming
And sorrow is content to peer from
The dark corners of my heart.

0 comments: